Wednesday 22 January 2014

Gideon (Sketches of Glory) by Clifton Voshen

A short story about Gideon, Judge of Israel.


Review: 

This was a good novella portraying the life of Gideon and his reluctant call to follow God. I have not read the biblical account of Gideon; all I have known is the part about using the fleece to confirm God's assurance of his doubts about what God wanted him to do.

I found it interesting that Gideon considered himself the "least of the least" yet after his victory in battle he became proud and rather selfish, enjoying the attention he drew to himself from the accolades of winning God's battle against the enemy. He went from one extreme to the other.

This is the only story by Voshen that I did not get frustrated with the length of the narrative. To me this length was just right.


My Rating: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is awaiting moderation.