Laden with gifts from the mysterious men from the East, Joseph and Mary travel to Egypt with orders from on High.
This one was very tender. Mary's perspective looking back on her
encounter with Gabriel, being told she would bear the Son of God,
falling pregnant supernaturally, bearing Jesus and being His mother. I
can just imagine these thoughts, feelings she would have had, more than
fond, more than love, more than tender.
It is good to have an
author to write from this perspective. I wrote in my review of Joseph,
that we don't have much to go on in the Bible concerning Joseph, well
the same can be said for Mary. I have often wondered what they would
have experienced and thought about being Jesus' parents. I have not read
or know of any other author who has written from this perspective. Not
saying they have not or that another novel does not exist.
loved the way Voshen has portrayed the interaction of the lionness and
bull with baby Jesus. That was beautiful and I do believe that animals
would recognise their creator and know nothing else but love and
submission to Him. Similar to the relationship our dogs and cats and
other pets have with us, but on a grander scale.
I gave this
novella 4 stars, from a very subjective POV, just because it was a
novella!! I wanted this story to go on for longer! Voshen writes well
and weaves a rich and powerful story in all its simplicity and you want
it to not end so soon!
- Why Christian Fiction?
- Books Reviewed by Author Surname
- Author/Novel Spotlight
- Guest Blogger Posts
- Blog Tours
- Author Interviews
- Articles of Interest
- Groups, Blogs, Book Networking Sites
- How To Support And Encourage Your Favourite Authors
- Reality Calling Christian Fiction Awards And Vetted Bookstore
- Goodreads To-Read List
- I have been an avid reader from as early as I can remember. Since becoming a Christian in my early 20s, my passion for reading led to specifically Christian fiction and this has developed into reviewing them on this blog. I love reading new author's novels or author's who have not had many reviews or exposure and giving them much needed encouragement where appropriate.
This blog is the intellectual property of Peter Younghusband, and any quotation of part or all of it without his approval is illegal