- Why Christian Fiction?
- Books Reviewed by Author Surname
- Author/Novel Spotlight
- Guest Blogger Posts
- Blog Tours
- Author Interviews
- Articles of Interest
- Groups, Blogs, Book Networking Sites
- How To Support And Encourage Your Favourite Authors
- Reality Calling Christian Fiction Awards And Vetted Bookstore
- I have been an avid reader from as early as I can remember. Since becoming a Christian in my early 20s, my passion for reading led to specifically Christian fiction and this has developed into reviewing them on this blog. I love reading new author's novels or author's who have not had many reviews or exposure and giving them much needed encouragement where appropriate.
This blog is the intellectual property of Peter Younghusband, and any quotation of part or all of it without his approval is illegal
Sunday, 20 October 2013
One Day in Budapest, An Arkane Thriller Novella By Joanna Penn
My rating :
I read this on September 13th, 2013
A relic, stolen from the heart of an ancient city.
An echo of nationalist violence not seen since the dark days of the Second World War. Budapest, Hungary. When a priest is murdered at the Basilica of St Stephen and the Holy Right relic is stolen, the ultra-nationalist Eröszak party calls for retribution and anti-Semitic violence erupts in the city.
Dr Morgan Sierra, psychologist and ARKANE agent, finds herself trapped inside the synagogue with Zoltan Fischer, a Hungarian Jewish security advisor. As the terrorism escalates, Morgan and Zoltan must race against time to find the Holy Right and expose the conspiracy, before blood is spilled again on the streets of Budapest.
One Day In Budapest is a chilling view of a possible future as Eastern Europe embraces right-wing nationalism. A conspiracy thriller for fans of Daniel Silva, where religion and politics intersect.
If you love a fast-paced thriller, download a sample or buy One Day In Budapest now.
Typical style of Joanna Penn and in style of the ARKANE Thriller series. A well researched history of Budapest, the effects of WWII and the country's Jewsh history and its legends and myth all wound together in a fast paced novella outlining one day's adventure for Morgan Sierra.
This ending lays a clue to the next ARKANE thriller, and by the sounds of it, this next one is going to be a good one!!